Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter: The Super-Cookie


I'm of the opinion that there does not exist a more delightful combination in all the world than that of chocolate and peanut butter. Which is why I set out recently to combine an incredible dark chocolate cookie with my favorite peanut butter cookie to see what sort of magic might result. Perhaps a super-cookie? A heroic confection that rescues mankind from a reality with one less chocolate/peanut-butter pairing? (I have a flair for irritating melodrama. I'm working on it. Except not at all.)

The result turned out to be quite lovely. But don't take my word for it, here you go!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Super-Cookies

2 cups + 2 T. all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar

sugar for rolling

Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add flour mixture, beating to combine. Chill dough for at least an hour.

Mix peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined, and form into small balls. Take large spoonful of chocolate dough and flatten it, placing a peanut butter ball in the middle and forming dough around it to cover. Roll in sugar and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with palm of your hand before baking.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

Momster said...

Love the blog! Remind me to give you a recipe I just sampled involving chocolate cake, sweetened condensed milk, caramel topping, and whipped cream. I was SO glad I didn't know what was in it before I ate it. Dreamy stuff!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh man....you so make me wish I wasn't on Weight Watchers right now. WOW!

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear from you!